What Is Animal Sterilization?
It is a surgical method through which a qualified veterinarian removes the reproductive organs, the hormonal processes disappear but the character of your dear pet is not affected. As a pet owner it is your responsibility to consider having your loved one spayed/neutered.
Why Should You Have Your Pet Sterilized?
- Spaying and neutering helps your pets live a longer, healthier lives.
- Spaying and neutering reduces or can eliminate, a number of health problems that are difficult to treat and could end up costing you thousands of Rands.
- Spaying/Neutering can eliminate the possibility of your loved one developing cancer.
- Every year thousands of unwanted pets, including puppies and kittens are needlessly destroyed, by having your pets surgically sterilized, you will do your part to prevent the birth of unwanted puppies and kittens
- By spaying/neutering your pet you can decrease, aggressiveness, fights and injuries related to territorial combats, especially in males
- When in mating, pets tend to wander around in search of a receptive partner which could result in them getting hurt or getting lost, surgical sterilization will eliminate this desire in your domestic pet.
- Rabbits reproduce faster than dogs or cats and often end up in shelters, where they must be euthanized. Neutering male rabbits can reduce hormone-driven behaviour such as lunging, mounting, spraying, and boxing
Millions of pet lives are tragically lost due to diseases and overpopulation, by spaying and neutering your pets, you can contribute greatly to the solution. Contact us at Totivet today to have your loved one safely surgically sterilized and be sure to let your family and friends know that they should do the same.